Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Overnight Oats

I just love mornings. I know it's not the norm but they are just so nice. Nothing terrible has happened (usually) and it's quiet and calm. This summer has been great because I get to slowly enjoy the mornings. I get up, workout/run, shower, eat breakfast and drink coffee, read...so lovely. I've been so spoiled but I am looking forward to the school year beginning. Mine doesn't begin for another 3 weeks so I'll just soak up what summer I have left. One breakfast option I like works really well during the school year because you make it the day before! It's also very simple to do.

So, on my run yesterday I tried saying my Colossians 3 verses and struggled to get through them all. I need some review time. I realized that I barely read them last week at camp. Verses 12-14 need work so I'll write them out here to share and review.
"Therefore, God's chosen ones, holy and loved, put on heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience, accepting one another and forgiving one another if anyone has a complaint against another. Just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you must also forgive. Above all, put on love - the perfect bond of unity."
Just think how wonderful it must be to be around a person who always displays these attributes. Jesus displays these 24/7. He sets the standard and I fall short of it but praise the Lord for the forgiveness part. We all need it and because we receive it, we need to give it too. 


It's great to have a quick, versatile, and healthy breakfast! The base includes oats, milk, and chia seeds. 


I added peanut butter and banana to mine. If I had my own version of "My Favorite Things" peanut butter would be in the list. I love it so much!

I don't know why but I really like this pic. 

Overnight Oats Recipe
for 1 mason jar

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup milk (almond, soy, whatever you like)
1 Tablespoon chia seeds
heaping spoonful of natural peanut butter
right before eating: banana slices

Add all ingredients, except fresh fruit, to the jar and let sit overnight. Add fruit before eating and enjoy!

Other options:
1/4 cup yogurt
1 Tablespoon honey
nuts
chocolate chips
any fresh fruit
...the possibilities are endless!




No comments:

Post a Comment