Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Breakfast Sausage Stuffed Pepper

So, I know it says breakfast but I'm guilty of having breakfast whenever I feel like it. Pretty sure I ate these around 1:30 today. It's summer, I have no structure. 

Stuffed peppers. Really fun and versatile. Toss some ingredients together and fill the pepper with them, throw it in the oven then enjoy! That's where I struggle. I've seen many many recipes for them on Pinterest. I tried one and it was tasty but hard to eat. As soon as I cut into it, everything falls out. Am I alone on this? 

I then saw a brilliant solution. Bake a stuffed half-pepper. It's a bowl rather than a mug. Makes a much better vehicle for the insides.


"For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead." 
Js. 2:26
Do I act in faith or just based on what I trust to work? I am a very practical person so I don't do many risky or daring things. I'm guilty of this in my faith at times. I don't take the risk in discussing Jesus with others often. I don't sign up for mission trips unless I see where the money is coming from. I'll be praying for faith like Abraham to do what's tough for me and easy for God.


These are pretty great. I love the runny yolk, fresh pepper, and savory pork! I'm in the wonderful state of Iowa (zero sarcasm, I love this place) and sadly, we've had issue with the bird flu on a lot of chicken farms. I didn't think much of it at first but then went grocery shopping. A dozen eggs is usually like 1.99. Today they were 2.89! 
Get well chickens!


Breakfast Sausage Stuffed Pepper
serving one hungry gal, could easily serve two people with a normal appetite

1 bell pepper
1/4 lbs ground breakfast sausage
shredded Mexican cheese
1/4 cup refried beans or black beans
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350° F. Slice bell pepper in half and remove seeds and membrane. Brown sausage in a skillet. Place a layer of beans in the pepper halves, then the sausage, and cheese. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or so. The time really depends on how soft you want the pepper to become. Then turn broiler on high and crack eggs on top of each pepper half. Bake under broiler for another 4-5 minutes. Adjust time according to how runny you like your eggs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment