Monday, June 1, 2015

Berry Sparkling Ice and Berry Lemonade

Summer is here! At least for me it is because school's out! I've been contemplating ideas for my summer blog all year long. I've written down potential ideas and browsed Pinterest almost everyday. This idea came because because of kind people from my school who kept giving us flavored sodas or sparkling waters in the teacher's lounge. I'm not sure why that was the beverage of choice but I grabbed one almost every time. 

I actually don't like San Pellegrino and other flavored sparkling waters very much. As much as I try to be healthy, I just don't like them without sugar or more flavor. So as I drank the ones offered at school, I was brainstorming how I could modify it in a semi-healthy way. I'll share my creations with you in a moment.



Last summer, I designated a paragraph to my Bible reading and learning. I'll do a similar thing this summer but I think I'll be more concise. As I read other blogs, I tend to prefer the ones that are to the point and don't have long sections of reading. So, I believe it only makes sense for me to do the same. I've begun reading in James lately. I was challenged today to double check how I'm treating and thinking about others in all situation. "My brothers, do not show favoritism as you hold on to the faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ...Love your neighbor as yourself." Js. 2:1, 8


What do I think is lacking in sparkling waters? Flavor! and a hit of sweetness:) 
I love the bubbles; I think that's why I'm drawn to them.

Frozen berries are great to have on hand, I put them in yogurt and smoothies and now pureed into lemonade and sparkling water. My Ninja works pretty well for this but does leave a lot of seeds. I poured the mix through a metal strainer to get a nice smooth texture.


I love my porch! I have a great view and beautiful morning light! It's a perfect spot for sipping anything!


Berry Puree
makes about 2 cups of puree
2 cups of frozen mixed berries
1/2 cup water

Puree in blender until all berries have become liquid-like. Pour mix through strainer to filter out seeds. Store in a jar or small pitcher and refrigerate. 

Berry Sparkling Ice
Measured per glass
Sparkling Ice Kiwi Strawberry beverage (or any sparkling water)
3-4 Tbs of berry puree
ice as desired

Berry Lemonade
Yes, I'm a bit ashamed this lemonade is from a mix...

2 quarts Lemonade (from Lemonade base mix)
1 cup of berry puree
ice as desired

No comments:

Post a Comment