Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Banana Oat Muffins

I actually had a request for this! I had a little ego boost when a friend asked for a recipe! So this is for you Laura and I hope you like them. I have a few other healthy oat muffin varieties I want to try as well. These will be gone soon, as I have no guilt eating them!
Made exactly 12 perfect muffins.

Hopefully you don't pay enough attention to notice my tortoise-like pace through my Bible reading. There are times I can plow through a few chapters and days I'm so distracted I can hardly finish one. I'm almost done with 2 Chronicles! I've enjoyed it as it recaps the kings of Judah, the good and the terrible ones.
Hezekiah was an honorable King. I love reading about him and wondering what it would be like to have a leader over the nation who was as devoted to God as Hezekiah. He did get fall into a prideful attitude but was sincerely humbled and repentant as God caused him to become sick. Humility is key for all believers, not just leaders. Pride gets in my way often but God is not shy about putting us in our place!

This Ninja is a life saver!

I'm a huge fan of how stinking easy these were to make! Not a long list of strange ingredients and no pile of dirty dishes. 

Just toss it all in there.

I made these during a nasty little storm yesterday. My only fear was that we'd have a tornado warning and I'd have to go downstairs while these burned up in the oven. Fortunately, that did not happen! We just had flash flooding and high winds.

Coconut oil also works as a thermometer.
I wanted to show you this because it makes me laugh. You know what season it is by the state of your coconut oil. In winter, it's white and solid but come summer humidity, it's clear and melted. 
No, there is not coconut oil in this recipe but I use it to grease my muffin tin! In this state, I used a basting brush but in winter I just use my fingers.

Fuzzy...but so good! (the pic is fuzzy, not the muffin)

Banana Oat Muffins

1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 ripe bananas
2 eggs
2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned or quick)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks

1. Preheat oven to 400° F and grease muffin tin with coconut oil or other oil spray of choice.
2. Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor except the chocolate chips. Blend to desired texture. I think she (original blogger) blended her to a smoother consistency but I like the texture of the oats so mine are more...I don't know, oaty...
3. Stir in chocolate chips or sprinkle on top of each muffin once you have poured the mix into the tins.
4. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full and place in the oven for 14-16 minutes. (I know that's a weird time. She says 15-20 but mine were done at 14, so it just depends on your oven.)







No comments:

Post a Comment